I created this slaw to intentionally be sans mayonnaise so as to complement Lobster Rolls made with a ton of mayo. Enjoy this totally vegan and vibrantly flavored slaw. This can make a terrific entrée’ by adding grilled shrimp atop the slaw.
Serves 6 to 8 | 45 Minutes Prep Time
- 5 ea. Carrots, peeled and cut julienned
- ½-head ea. Red and Green Cabbage; thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 cups Pineapple chunks, sliced ¼-in. thin
- 1 bunch Cilantro, leaves picked and left whole
- 1 bunch Scallions, sliced on diagonal and then julienned
- 1 cup Olive or Peanut Oil
- ¾ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Fresh Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 stems Fresh Mint Leaves; coarsely chopped
- 3-inch stem Fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves Fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tbsps Granulated White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- To taste Red Pepper Flakes
- To taste Salted Peanuts
- Toss together carrots, shredded cabbage, pineapple, cilantro leaves, and scallions in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together oil, vinegars, orange juice, mint, ginger, garlic, salt and sugar and add red pepper flakes to your palette’s preference for spiciness.
- Toss this vinaigrette with the slaw. Add salted peanuts to the top of the slaw.