This Italian traditional pasta dish optimizes fresh garlic and parsley. It is one of the most simple, versatile and classic of Italian dishes.
- 1 lb. Penne, Fusilli or Spaghetti pasta cooked al dente
- ¾-cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ -cup White wine
- 6 ea Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Italian Flatleaf Parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (Heaping) of Red Pepper Flake (Italians call this Pepperoncini)
- To taste Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino, grated
- In olive oil in large saute’ pan warm the garlic slices and red pepper flakes over moderate heat
- Just before the garlic shows hint of browning, add white wine and reduce by half
- Remove from heat while the pasta complete cooking; rinse pasta with cold water
- Return pan to stove over moderate heat and add cooked pasta and stir well, fully incorporating the chopped parsley; add a little extra olive oil if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with grated Parmigiana Reggiano if desired