- 8 oz. Mixed Salad Greens (about two cups per person)
- 2 ea Grapefruits, peel removed and cut into sections; reserve grapefruit juice
- 1 bunch Baby Fennel, fronds cut off but reserved, bulb core removed, cut into thin julienne slices
- 1 cup Black olives, Cherignola or Kalamata varieties
- ½-cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3-cup Extra-virgin Olive oil
- 3 ea Garlic cloves, minced
- ¼-cup White Wine Vinegar
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- Prepare your vinaigrette by blending olive oil with reserved grapefruit juice; whisking in vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. If a sweeter flavor is preferred, add a bit of orange juice.
- Take half of vinaigrette and dress and lightly toss the vinaigrette. With remaining vinaigrette you’re going to dress and toss the fennel and grapefruit sections and place this atop the dressed greens. Do a final garnish of olives and red onions and minced fennel fronds.