This is a lovely sauté’ combination, perfect served with basmati rice or vermicelli pasta. Nice additions to the recipes can include bacon or pancetta or Italian Sausage. This is peak season deliciousness any way you sauté it.
Asian Green Sauté
- 3 ea. Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cups Asian greens (Pok Choy & Tot Soi Mix)
- 4 tbsp. Toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Red chili flakes
- Splash White wine or sake
- To taste salt
- Warm the garlic and chili flakes in the sesame oil in a large sauté’ pan.
- As the garlic and chili flakes just become golden, toss in wine, and reduce slightly.
- Add the greens and stir in the pan and allow to sauté’ until wilted but not complete mush.
- Salt to taste.
Peppers & Onions Sauté
- 2 ea.Yellow or white onions, julienne sliced
- 4 ea.Marconi, seeds removed and julienne sliced
- ¼-cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dried oregano
- Splash White wine
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Warm oil in sauté’ pan; toss in onions and peppers over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until both are fully cooked, approx. 8 to 10 minutes. If sauté’ becomes a bit dry, add a splash of wine or water.
- Season with dried oregano, salt and pepper.
Lyle Suggests: serve each of these sautéon one serving platter – side-by-side – slightly mixed and squeeze the juice of one fresh lemon and light drizzle of Balsamic vinegar over both.