It’s worth turning on the oven in peak summer heat for this yummy dish, the perfect way to use your baby carrots and fresh green garlic (plus, it’s better than standing over a hot stove). Feel free to riff on this recipe by adding other vegetables, such as onions, beets, and/or turnips.
- 1 bunch Baby Carrots, cleaned & trimmed
- 1 tbsp Green garlic, minced
- 3 tbsps Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Tahini
- ¼ cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 each Fresh lemons, juiced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ to ½ cup Water
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- Garnish Fresh parsley or mint, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel carrots if you desire (it’s not necessary). Trim carrot tops to ½-inch. If the carrot is extra thick (more than ½-inch in diameter), then cut lengthwise.
- Spread carrots on cookie sheet pan and drizzle liberally with olive oil, tossing to coat. Add salt, black pepper, and Aleppo pepper or Sumac if desired. Toss again.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or just until carrots are browned.
- Combine tahini, EVOO, and lemon juice, blending well; drizzle in water until sauce is the texture of heavy cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
Remove carrots from oven and serve with tahini sauce drizzled over them. Garnish with more Aleppo Pepper or Sumac, plus minced parsley or mint.