Garlicky Green Beans are often thought of as pickled and made by that nice Aunt Ida. This recipe never makes it into a jar as the full flavors and textures are just fine coming from a saute pan.
- TBD Fresh garlic, minced at the quantity that suits your fancy – we use 3 to 5 cloves
- ½ lb Fresh green beans, trimmed and blanched until bright green
- 3 TB Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TB Butter
- 1 halve Fresh lemon, squeezed
- To taste Sea salt and fresh, ground black pepper
- (optional) Fresh mint, minced and Fresh lavender buds
- Heat saute’ pan to medium-high with olive oil and butter until butter is melted; add blanched (lightly steamed or boiled until bright green in color and drained) green beans to pan and stir well to evenly coat.
- Add minced garlic and stir well and allow to cook until garlic is translucent and just light brown (but not burned black); remove from heat and squeeze fresh lemon juice into beans; salt and pepper to taste.
- (Optional) Toss with fresh minced mint and/or lavender buds if you’d like.