- 1 bunch of kale
- Salt to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large sweet apple or 2 ribs of celery
- 1 medium sized beet
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 4 oz soft tofu
- Remove the stems from the kale and slice into thin ribbons. Rub the salt into the kale vigorously until it turns bright green and looks cooked. Squeeze the lemon over the kale. Stir in the olive oil.
- Peel and chop the apples. Peel and grate the beet. Toss all of the ingredients together and adjust the salt and lemon to taste.